Top Gardenscalifornia poppy flower poppy flower for sale green trick dianthus seeds bermuda grass seed for pasture green trick dianthus seeds ice plants varieties what is a putting green ornamental grasses californian poppy flower ca poppy green ball dianthus seeds miscanthus sinensis green seed pasture mix seed miscanthus golf green grass drought resistant ground cover
- Season: Perennial
- USDA Zones: 5 - 11
- Height: 6 - 12 inches
- Width: 12 - 24 inches
- Foliage Color: Green
- Flower Color: Blue
- Fall Color: Foliage may turn brown with cold winters
- Soil Requirement: Average, medium, well-drained soil
- Environment: Full sun to partial shade
- Moisture Requirements: Requires weekly watering during extreme heat for first year
- Temperature: Sow at max 41F - germination irregular
- Average Germ Time: 30 - 90 days
- Light Required: No
- Depth: 1/4"
- Sowing Rate: 1 - 2 seeds per plant
- Moisture: Keep seeds moist until germination
- Plant Spacing: 12 - 24 inches
Monkey Grass (Liriope muscari) - If you need a decorative border or edging plant, start Monkey Grass seeds, and enjoy this popular ornamental grass plant. Also known as Lily Turf, this ornamental grass has evergreen foliage and violet blue flower spikes during the summer. Monkey Grass is an excellent ground cover for landscapes, and it works nicely for container use as well.
How To Grow Monkey Grass From Ornamental Grass Seeds: Start Lily Turf seeds indoors in the early spring. Use small pots filled with seed starting mix. Place the ornamental grass seeds onto the soil and cover 1/4 inch with sand or soil and keep the seeds moist. Transplant outdoors once soil temperatures have warmed and frost danger has passed. Follow a regular watering schedule during the first growing season to establish a deep, extensive root system. For a neat appearance, remove old foliage from Liriope muscari before new leaves emerge. Divide Monkey Grass clumps every 2 to 3 years in early spring. Mow in early spring to remove old foliage. Lilyturf will tolerate drier conditions once established.